Bajaj Pulsar NS160 bookings start in India
Bajaj Auto has started dispatching the new Pulsar NS160 to its dealerships across India. The price of the motorcycle will likely be around Rs 82,000. The motorcycle sits between the Pulsar 150 and Pulsar 180, and its main competitors are the Honda CB Hornet, Yamaha FZ16 version 2.0 and the Suzuki Gixxer.
The Bajaj Pulsar NS160 is the second motorcycle from the NS series to be launched in India after the 200. Bajaj Auto had been exporting the NS160 to Latin American countries for quite some time. While the Indian specifications haven't been revealed, it will be safe to expect Bajaj Auto to retain nearly the same specs - a 160.53cc 4-stroke carburetted oil-cooled engine that makes 15.5PS at 8,500rpm and 14.6Nm at 6,500rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. In comparison, the Pulsar 150 makes 14PS/13.4Nm and the 180's engine produces 17.02PS/14.22Nm. In this sense, the Pulsar NS160 produces slightly more torque than the 150/180 and should account for less gear changes in traffic.
Bajaj has used the same perimeter frame as in the NS200 in the NS160. The NS160 is specced with 80/100-17 and 110/80-17 tubeless tyres, front and rear respectively. Expect Bajaj to use EuroGrips or MRFs. The front brake is a 240mm disc while the rear is a 130mm drum. It is highly unlikely that Bajaj will offer ABS with the NS160, since its competitors in the same price bracket (Rs 82,000-90,000 ex-showroom) still don't offer it. The ground clearance is 176mm. Other features of the NS160 include an LCD display, monoshock rear suspension and split seats. The motorcycle borrows its styling from the bigger 200. The visual differentiators are the presence of the kick lever, slimmer tyres, 160 badging and rear drum.
Bajaj dealers across Maharashtra are taking bookings of the NS160 for Rs 10,000. The prices will be out post-GST.
Starts Rs 80,627
Starts Rs 77,015
Starts Rs 1,19,335
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018