Bajaj Pulsar sells more than 70,000 units in a month in May 2018
The Bajaj Pulsar line-up of motorcycles has reiterated its position as most popular performance-commuter brand in the country by selling more than 70,00-units in a month in May. The line-up has grown since the first bike came out in the 2001 and now comes in 135 150, 160, 180, 200 and 220cc engine capacities.
The flagship of the range is the Pulsar RS200 and NS200 motorcycles. These put out 24.5PS and 18.6Nm and are priced around the Rs 1.35 lakh mark, with the option of single-channel ABS. The range starts with the recently launched Pulsar Classic which costs Rs 67,437, ex-showroom Mumbai. The bike is a stripped down, budget proposition and is powered by a 150cc motor which puts out 14PS of power and 13.4 Nm of torque, mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
A prominent contributor to this sales milestone is the new twin-disc variant of the Pulsar 150 that launched recently. This bike gets the same motor as the Classic but with visual and handling upgrades.
There are also reports of a cheaper 125cc variant joining this line-up, which will make this aspirational mass-market brand even more accessible.
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- NewsSkoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier to step down, effective July 31
- NewsMahindra XUV300 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol spotted testing
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block