Bajaj Pulsar sells more than 70,000 units in a month in May 2018
The Bajaj Pulsar line-up of motorcycles has reiterated its position as most popular performance-commuter brand in the country by selling more than 70,00-units in a month in May. The line-up has grown since the first bike came out in the 2001 and now comes in 135 150, 160, 180, 200 and 220cc engine capacities.
The flagship of the range is the Pulsar RS200 and NS200 motorcycles. These put out 24.5PS and 18.6Nm and are priced around the Rs 1.35 lakh mark, with the option of single-channel ABS. The range starts with the recently launched Pulsar Classic which costs Rs 67,437, ex-showroom Mumbai. The bike is a stripped down, budget proposition and is powered by a 150cc motor which puts out 14PS of power and 13.4 Nm of torque, mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
A prominent contributor to this sales milestone is the new twin-disc variant of the Pulsar 150 that launched recently. This bike gets the same motor as the Classic but with visual and handling upgrades.
There are also reports of a cheaper 125cc variant joining this line-up, which will make this aspirational mass-market brand even more accessible.
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
- News2018 Ferrari Portofino to be launched in India on September 28