Bajaj Pulsar sells more than 70,000 units in a month in May 2018
The Bajaj Pulsar line-up of motorcycles has reiterated its position as most popular performance-commuter brand in the country by selling more than 70,00-units in a month in May. The line-up has grown since the first bike came out in the 2001 and now comes in 135 150, 160, 180, 200 and 220cc engine capacities.
The flagship of the range is the Pulsar RS200 and NS200 motorcycles. These put out 24.5PS and 18.6Nm and are priced around the Rs 1.35 lakh mark, with the option of single-channel ABS. The range starts with the recently launched Pulsar Classic which costs Rs 67,437, ex-showroom Mumbai. The bike is a stripped down, budget proposition and is powered by a 150cc motor which puts out 14PS of power and 13.4 Nm of torque, mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
A prominent contributor to this sales milestone is the new twin-disc variant of the Pulsar 150 that launched recently. This bike gets the same motor as the Classic but with visual and handling upgrades.
There are also reports of a cheaper 125cc variant joining this line-up, which will make this aspirational mass-market brand even more accessible.
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh