Bajaj Pulsar sells more than 70,000 units in a month in May 2018
The Bajaj Pulsar line-up of motorcycles has reiterated its position as most popular performance-commuter brand in the country by selling more than 70,00-units in a month in May. The line-up has grown since the first bike came out in the 2001 and now comes in 135 150, 160, 180, 200 and 220cc engine capacities.
The flagship of the range is the Pulsar RS200 and NS200 motorcycles. These put out 24.5PS and 18.6Nm and are priced around the Rs 1.35 lakh mark, with the option of single-channel ABS. The range starts with the recently launched Pulsar Classic which costs Rs 67,437, ex-showroom Mumbai. The bike is a stripped down, budget proposition and is powered by a 150cc motor which puts out 14PS of power and 13.4 Nm of torque, mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
A prominent contributor to this sales milestone is the new twin-disc variant of the Pulsar 150 that launched recently. This bike gets the same motor as the Classic but with visual and handling upgrades.
There are also reports of a cheaper 125cc variant joining this line-up, which will make this aspirational mass-market brand even more accessible.
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350