Bajaj Qute Quadricycle to be available in Kerala and North East from next month
After six years of long battle, Bajaj Auto will be finally selling the Qute quadricycle in India. This came after the Supreme Court's go ahead on the classification of quadricycles as a new vehicle category in India. Bajaj Auto has already started deliveries of the Qute to select dealerships in Kerala and North East in India. The Bajaj Qute will be listed into a new category and will be sold as commercial vehicle. Presently, Kerala and North East are the only two states that have approved the sale of Bajaj Qute.
The Bajaj Qute, India's first quadricycle is expected to go on sale in the near future thanks to a revision in vehicular norms to include quadricycles
Bajaj Auto faced a stiff opposition from various public interest litigations (PILs) as well as from different automobile manufacturers like TVS Motor Company and Tata Motors considering that quadricycles do not meet crash safety norms.
"Permission of the Qute have come through and we will start in the next few days. Technically Kerala is allowed to retail it so the initial plan is to send out 35-40 vehicles to all the dealerships so that registration process can be completed. But I would say that retails in the North-East and Kerala should commence next month,"said Kevin D'sa, President (Finance), Bajaj Auto to Moneycontrol.
Rajiv Bajaj, MD, Bajaj Auto with the Qute quadricycle
The Pune based manufacturer, Bajaj Auto presently has an annual production capacity of 60,000 units for the Qute, which can be further ramped up by using the production facility of three-wheelers. Bajaj Auto has been selling the Qute quadricycle in Latin America, Europe and Africa since 2015. Powering the Bajaj Qute is a 13.2 PS, 216cc engine.
Back in 2016, Euro NCAP had released the results of crash tests that were conducted for heavy quadricycles, that included the India-made Bajaj Qute. And the Bajaj quadricycle was awarded two stars tested on a different set of parameters, compared to conventional cars.
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip