Bajaj re-registers Chetak brand name
Bajaj Auto has recently re-registered the Chetak name which has led to intense speculation that the company is heading back into the profitable scooter space. However, the company has refused to comment and its rumoured return to scooters is still very much a giant question mark. The re-registration of the brand name may be a red herring because most corporate organisations register and re-register brand names and trademarks as a matter of routine business. This is a way to ensure these names are available for future business and definitely not available to other competing manufacturers.
Chetak, is without a doubt, a very important brand name for Bajaj whether or not it re-enters the scooter space. Rajiv Bajaj told OVERDRIVE in an interview long ago that he clearly saw motorcycles as the space Bajaj should be in. Motorcycles dominate scooters globally and Bajaj is working hard at making exports a big part of its business which spreads its risk across markets and makes BAL a more secure, global business.
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X