Bajaj re-registers Chetak brand name
Bajaj Auto has recently re-registered the Chetak name which has led to intense speculation that the company is heading back into the profitable scooter space. However, the company has refused to comment and its rumoured return to scooters is still very much a giant question mark. The re-registration of the brand name may be a red herring because most corporate organisations register and re-register brand names and trademarks as a matter of routine business. This is a way to ensure these names are available for future business and definitely not available to other competing manufacturers.
Chetak, is without a doubt, a very important brand name for Bajaj whether or not it re-enters the scooter space. Rajiv Bajaj told OVERDRIVE in an interview long ago that he clearly saw motorcycles as the space Bajaj should be in. Motorcycles dominate scooters globally and Bajaj is working hard at making exports a big part of its business which spreads its risk across markets and makes BAL a more secure, global business.
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship