Bajaj Urbanite all-electric scooter spotted on test in Pune - launch expected soon
Two of the Bajaj Urbanite, all-electric scooters were spotted on test in Pune, India. The test mules were heavily camouflaged, however, the profile lets us believe that the Urbanite will sport a retro-classic design.
With the Fame-II (Faster Adoption and Manufacture of Hybrid and Electric vehicles) incentives being offered to the customers, Bajaj seems eager to join the electric bandwagon.
The Urbanite could sport modern features and equipment such as optional disc brake setup and telescopic suspension.
For the Urbanite to receive Fame-II certification, it should have a top speed of over 40kmph and minimum single charge range of 80km. Also, At least 50 per cent of the components of the scooter should be sourced locally.
The Bajaj Urbanite will rival the likes of Ather 450, Ather 350 and the Okinawa i-Praise and Rigid +. For buyers looking for an all-electric mean of transport, the Urbanite could be pitted against the Revolt's upcoming all-electric motorcycle.
Image Source - Team-bhp
- NewsBMW 320d Sport relaunched in India, priced at Rs 42.10 lakh
- NewsSkoda Auto appoints Thomas Schafer as new chairman
- FeaturesMumbai rains: Steps you need to take to protect your car
- NewsTVS Motor Company sold 2.43 lakh units of two-wheelers in July 2020
- NewsCristiano Ronaldo gifts himself a Bugatti Centodieci, the world's most expensive car