Beijing Auto Show 2014: Porsche Boxster GTS and Cayman GTS unveiled
Porsche unveiled updated versions of the Boxster GTS and the Cayman GTS at the 2014 Beijing Auto Show. Both the cars retain the same engines, but are evolutions of the S versions. The GTS badges stand for Gran Turismo Sport; this term is reserved only for the most bonkers of the lot.
Both the Boxster GTS and the Cayman GTS receive an increase of 15PS and 10Nm of torque. The Boxster's power has been increased to 325PS at 6,700rpm and its torque figures has been increased to 370Nm. Similarly, the Cayman now boasts 335PS and a peak torque of 380Nm, bringing the top speeds to 278kmph and 283kmph respectively.
Apart from the badge, other styling and cosmetic tweaks include darkened front bumper inserts, black-chrome dual exhaust pipes, 20-inch alloy wheels and bi-xenon headlights. The lettering on the back of both models are also now gloss black, while inside, both cars get leather sports seats and Alcantara details as standard.
The GTS models also come with Porsche's Sport Chrono Package and the Active Suspension Management (PASM). This allows for the driver to adjust the suspension's damper stiffness and also adjust the throttle response. The cars also feature dynamic engine mounts as part of the Sport Chrono Package which automatically stiffen under hard acceleration and heavy braking, to ensure that the car remains flat making them extremely well suited to be daily drives as well as track day cars which can be chucked around a race track.
Both the cars come with an optional seven-speed PDK gear-box which gets the Cayman from 0-100kmph in 4.6 seconds and Boxster in 4.7 seconds.
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review