Benelli 302R bookings open in India
Benelli India has opened bookings of its 302R faired motorcycle for Rs 30,000. The motorcycle will be launched in July 2017 and will go up against the Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 300. Expect the motorcycle to be priced around the Rs 3.2 lakh mark.
Powering the DSK-Benelli 302R is a 300cc parallel-twin engine that makes 38.2PS/26.5Nm, mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The gear ratios have been altered to suit the fully faired bike. While it is widely regarded as a faired version of the Benelli TNT300, it isn't. Except from the engine and few parts like the switches and console, the 302R is all-new. It gets a handsome looking fairing, a new trellis frame and an upswept exhaust unit. The motorcycle also has inverted forks in the front and a pre-load adjustable monoshock at the rear. Benelli will most likely offer Michelin or Metzeler tyres on the new 302R. Stopping power will be through dual petal discs in the front and a single disc at the rear. ABS will also be offered as standard.
We did get a chance to ride a pre-production model and while that motorcycle seemed far more refined and eager than the TNT's engine, it is likely that it may be detuned now considering that the BS-IV norms have just kicked in.
Starts Rs 3,10,000
Starts Rs 2,98,000
- Review2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic road test review
- News2020 Honda CB 350 launch in India: Top five highlights
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350
- News2020 Honda CB 350 cruiser launched in India, rivals Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsLive updates: Honda CB 350 cruiser launch, to rival Royal Enfield