Benelli 302R bookings open in India
Benelli India has opened bookings of its 302R faired motorcycle for Rs 30,000. The motorcycle will be launched in July 2017 and will go up against the Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 300. Expect the motorcycle to be priced around the Rs 3.2 lakh mark.
Powering the DSK-Benelli 302R is a 300cc parallel-twin engine that makes 38.2PS/26.5Nm, mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The gear ratios have been altered to suit the fully faired bike. While it is widely regarded as a faired version of the Benelli TNT300, it isn't. Except from the engine and few parts like the switches and console, the 302R is all-new. It gets a handsome looking fairing, a new trellis frame and an upswept exhaust unit. The motorcycle also has inverted forks in the front and a pre-load adjustable monoshock at the rear. Benelli will most likely offer Michelin or Metzeler tyres on the new 302R. Stopping power will be through dual petal discs in the front and a single disc at the rear. ABS will also be offered as standard.
We did get a chance to ride a pre-production model and while that motorcycle seemed far more refined and eager than the TNT's engine, it is likely that it may be detuned now considering that the BS-IV norms have just kicked in.
Starts Rs 3,62,000
Starts Rs 2,98,000
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019