Benelli Leoncino 250 launched in India for Rs 2.5 lakh
Italian motorcycle maker, Benelli, has launched the most affordable scrambler in India. Yes, the Benelli Leoncino 250 goes on sale for the ex-showroom price of Rs 2.5 lakh. And the online, as well as offline bookings for the same have already commenced for a token of Rs 6,000.
As mentioned earlier, the Leoncino 250 resembles a scrambler, however, bits such as the projector headlamp and an all-digital instrument cluster add modern elements to the motorcycle. Benelli is offering the Leoncino 250 in four colours - grey, white, red and brown.
The power source is a 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine that puts out 25.8PS at 9,250rpm and 21Nm of torque at 8,000rpm. While the power figure is slightly less than the international spec model, the torque number is higher by 0.5Nm of the India spec Leoncino 250.
Rest of the hardware is directly carried over from the international spec model and the motorcycle is equipped with chunky 41mm USD in the front and a monoshock in the rear.
For braking, the Leoncino 250 gets a 280mm disc up front and a 240mm disc in the rear. The 250 runs on a 110/70 R17 front tyre and a 150/60 R17 tyre at the rear. Benelli is also offering a standard three-year/unlimited-kilometre warranty as well.
The Benelli Leoncino 250 is stepping in the uber-important 250cc segment which sees the presence of the KTM 250 Duke, Yamaha FZ25 and the Suzuki Gixxer 250. The Leoncino 250 also rivals the Honda CB300R in India.
Starts Rs 2,50,000
Starts Rs 1,75,000
Starts Rs 4,79,000
Starts Rs 2,41,000
Starts Rs 2,00,576
Starts Rs 1,00,212
Starts Rs 99,200
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055