Benelli to announce Mahavir Group as new Indian partner today at Hyderabad: All you need to know
Benelli motorcycles had been doing well in the Indian market until its Indian partner DSK Motowheels ran into some financial setbacks. The Italian motorcycle brand, owned by China-based QianJiang Group, is set to change this with the announcement of a new Indian partner later in the day. Stay tuned for news of the announcement from Hyderabad, the new headquarters for the Benelli brand in India. Reports state that the Indian partner will be Hyderabad-based Mahavir Group. While we cannot reveal all the details just yet, here is what you need to know about the Benelli India story.
- The DSK-Benelli partnership was announced in 2014, following which the Italian brand was launched in India with HQ in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The company had gained popularity for offering multi-cylinder motorcycles and relatively affordable prices.
- DSK-Benelli also moved swiftly in setting up 25 dealerships across the country in a short time.
- The models on offer here included 7 models priced in the range of Rs 1.72 lakh to Rs 11.86 lakh.
- The range primarily comprised naked bikes including Benelli TNT 25, Benelli TNT 300, Benelli TNT 600i, Benelli TNT 899, and Benelli TNT 1130R.
- Benelli also launched a faired 300cc motorcycle in the Benelli TNT 302R, as well the as the TNT 600 GT tourer.
- The TNT 899 and TNT 1130R were taken off the showroom floors owing to introduction of the BS IV emission norms.
- Before the partnership went south, there were two motorcycles, the Leoncino scrambler and the TRK 502 adventure tourer that Benelli had showcased and hinted at launching in India, with many looking to the launches.
- Benelli is set to announce Mahavir Group as its Indian partner. The Hyderabad-based company already has ties to the brand as it ran the DSK Benelli dealerships in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- Mahavir Group also has dealerships for other auto brands including Mercedes-Benz, Skoda and Isuzu.
- There is a possibility that the group will announce a new assembly or manufacturing unit for Benelli motorcycles in or around its Hyderabad HQ.
Starts Rs 2,99,000
Starts Rs 6,20,000
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders