Benelli TRK 502 and Benelli TRK 502X to launch in India in the first quarter of 2019
The India launch of the Benelli TRK 502 and Benelli TRK 502X has been long overdue and we now have confirmation that both motorcycles will go on sale early in 2019. Benelli India has just relaunched three of its products in India, the Benelli TNT 300, the Benelli 302R and the Benelli TNT 600i and has also confirmed that the aforementioned middleweight touring motorcycles will be launched in the first quarter of 2019.
The Benelli TRK 502 is a middleweight touring motorcycle that will be launched in India in the first quarter of 2019 and could be priced at around Rs 5 lakh ex-showroom
We expect both bikes to be launched around March 2019. The TRK 502 could be priced between Rs 5 lakh to Rs 5.5 lakh, while the TRK 502X should command a premium of about Rs 50,000 over the 502. Both bikes are powered by the same 499.6cc, liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine that churns out 47.6PS and 45Nm, mated to a six-speed transmission. That said, there are significant differences between the two bikes. The TRK 502 is the road-biased version while the TRK 502X is the more hardcore, off-road worthy version. In fact, the TRK 502X has also been spotted testing in India recently.
The Benelli TRK 502X is the more hardcore, off-road worthy version of the bike and comes equipped with a 19-inch front wheel, taller seat, higher ground clearance and a different exhaust along with different tyres as compared to the road-biased TRK 502
Both bikes use the same chassis and most of the bodywork, but while the 502 uses 17-inch wheels at both ends and runs on Pirelli Angel GT tyres, the 502X uses a 19-inch front and 17-inch rear wheel and is shod with Metzeler Tourance tyres. Additionally, the TRK 502X's seat height is higher at 850mm and so is its ground clearance at 220mm. To add to its off-road credentials, the 502X also comes equipped with a bash plate and a more upswept exhaust. Braking duties are taken care of by twin 320mm discs upfront while a single 260mm disc has been employed at the rear. ABS is part of standard equipment but the bikes do not feature riding modes or traction control.
When launched, the TRK 502 and TRK 502X will be the first all-new products to be launched by Benelli in India, as part of its recent partnership with the Adishwar Auto Ride India - Mahavir Group.
Starts Rs 3,70,000
Starts Rs 3,50,000
Starts Rs 6,20,000
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000
- NewsTVS Apache RR 310, NTorq 125 and Apache RTR 160 4V launched in Peru