Benelli TRK502 to be launched in India on February 18- What to expect?
Benelli announced their new partnership with Hyderabad-based, Adishwar Auto Ride India (AARI) which is a subsidiary of Mahavir Group, in August 2018 and began sales by the end of last year. Now, Benelli is all set to launch the TRK 502 and the TRK 502-X (Adventure tourer motorcycles) in India on February 18 to compete against the Kawasaki Versys 650, SWM Dualsport T and the Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT.
The Benelli TRK 502 is an adventure-oriented touring motorcycle with a beefed up fairing up front and a tall visor to deflect the wind away from the rider. The engine is mounted on a trellis tubular frame and displaces 499.6cc in a parallel-twin layout. The engine produces 48PS and 46Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed gearbox. The bike has a 20L fuel tank which in result will have a high fuel range for the long hauls. The TRK 502 comes with 17-inch alloy wheels shod with dual-purpose tyres.
The Benelli TRK 502X is the more hardcore version between the two. The bike comes with 19-inch spoke wheels up front to sustain more adventurous riding conditions. The TRK 502X also has a high mounted exhaust for higher ground clearance.
Benelli TRK 502X
The cycle parts between the two motorcycles are similar. Both the bikes, TRK 502 and the TRK 502X get a 50mm upside-down fork setup up front with a 320mm twin disc setup up front for the braking. On the rear, both the bikes get a tubular swingarm setup with a monoshock absorber. The brake at the back is a 260mm disc.
The prices have not been unveiled yet, however, we expect the Benelli TRK 502 to be priced around Rs 5 lakh and the TRK 502X to cost a premium of Rs 50,000 over the standard variant.
Starts Rs 5,00,000
Starts Rs 5,40,000
Starts Rs 6,69,000
Starts Rs 7,46,577
- News2019 Euro NASCAR: Advait Deodhar scores rookie podium despite difficult season-opener
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip