Bentley Bentayga V8 petrol SUV with 550PS and 290kmph top speed launched
Bentley has launched the Bentley Bentayga V8 SUV with a twin-turbo V8 petrol engine. This is the third engine option for the Bentley Bentayga SUV, which has so far been available in W12 petrol and V8 diesel options. Four fewer cylinders do nothing to take the performance edge off from the Bentley Bentayga V8, as the 4-litre twin-turbocharged engine produces 500PS / 770Nm. This gives the Bentley Bentayga V8 the ability to reach 100kmph from standstill in 4.5 seconds, and onwards to a claimed top speed of 290kmph. When launched in 2016, the Bentley Bentayga was the first SUV to ever roll off the production line in Crewe, England. The Bentley Bentayga V8 SUV also features the largest front brake system with the optional 440mm carbon-ceramic brakes. Availability of the Bentley Bentayga V8 in India remains to be confirmed. Meanwhile, Lamborghini had launched the Lamborghini Urus Super SUV at an event in Mumbai only last week. The Urus shares its underpinnings with the Bentayga.
Apart from bringing the signature burble of a V8 to the line-up, Bentley also claims that the Bentayga V8 petrol is the most efficient among the three engine options with a claimed fuel efficiency of 10.54kmpl, which gives it an estimated range of 746km on a tankful. This revised fuel efficiency is partly thanks to the Bentayga's ability to turn off four of the eight cylinders in suitable conditions. Inside, apart from the modern tailored interior, is a wood and leather-trimmed steering wheel and high-gloss carbon fibre finish on the dash and other interior panels. The Bentayga V8 is offered in four, five, and seven-seat configurations.In the UK, the Bentayga V8 petrol is priced at 163,000 GBP (Rs 1.42 crore), which is 25,000 GBP (Rs 21.7 lakh) less expensive than the Bentayga W12.
Starts Rs 3.85 Crore
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept