Bentley Bentayga V8 petrol SUV with 550PS and 290kmph top speed launched
Bentley has launched the Bentley Bentayga V8 SUV with a twin-turbo V8 petrol engine. This is the third engine option for the Bentley Bentayga SUV, which has so far been available in W12 petrol and V8 diesel options. Four fewer cylinders do nothing to take the performance edge off from the Bentley Bentayga V8, as the 4-litre twin-turbocharged engine produces 500PS / 770Nm. This gives the Bentley Bentayga V8 the ability to reach 100kmph from standstill in 4.5 seconds, and onwards to a claimed top speed of 290kmph. When launched in 2016, the Bentley Bentayga was the first SUV to ever roll off the production line in Crewe, England. The Bentley Bentayga V8 SUV also features the largest front brake system with the optional 440mm carbon-ceramic brakes. Availability of the Bentley Bentayga V8 in India remains to be confirmed. Meanwhile, Lamborghini had launched the Lamborghini Urus Super SUV at an event in Mumbai only last week. The Urus shares its underpinnings with the Bentayga.
Apart from bringing the signature burble of a V8 to the line-up, Bentley also claims that the Bentayga V8 petrol is the most efficient among the three engine options with a claimed fuel efficiency of 10.54kmpl, which gives it an estimated range of 746km on a tankful. This revised fuel efficiency is partly thanks to the Bentayga's ability to turn off four of the eight cylinders in suitable conditions. Inside, apart from the modern tailored interior, is a wood and leather-trimmed steering wheel and high-gloss carbon fibre finish on the dash and other interior panels. The Bentayga V8 is offered in four, five, and seven-seat configurations.In the UK, the Bentayga V8 petrol is priced at 163,000 GBP (Rs 1.42 crore), which is 25,000 GBP (Rs 21.7 lakh) less expensive than the Bentayga W12.
Starts Rs 3.78 Crore
Starts Rs 3 Crore
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300