Bentley to launch the Bentayga in India on April 22, 2016
Bentley Motors is all set to launch its first SUV, the Bentayga in India on April 22, 2016. The Bentayga is based on the MLB platform that also underpins the Audi Q7 and the Porsche Cayenne. Tagged as the most powerful and the fastest SUV in the world, the Bentley Bentayga will primarily compete with the Land Rover Range Rover in India.
Designed at the company's Crewe facility in UK, the Bentley Bentayga borrows design cues from the 2012 EXP-9F concept. The front is reminiscent of Bentley's portfolio models with four, circular LED headlamps paired with a large matrix grille. When seen from the side, the muscular profile and the raised ground clearance make it look distinct. Even though the Bentayga is an SUV, there are no unwanted lines on it. They look purposeful and endow the SUV with a butch stance.
Bentley claims that the Bentayga comes with the world's finest automotive cabin. As seen from the images, the interior of the Bentayga is swathed in luxurious materials, similar to the Continental. The Bentayga gets improved front passenger space. Needless to say, the Bentayga will come with a plethora of comfort settings and optional features. Also, the combination of analog and digital display along with touch screen on the central panel looks neat.
Under the hood, the Bentley Bentayga is powered by an all-new twin-turbocharged 6.0-litre W12 motor that puts out 608PS of power at 5,000-6,000rpm and generates a massive 900Nm of torque at 1,350-4,500rpm. Mated to a ZF 8-speed automatic transmission, the Bentayga sprints from 0-100kmph in a claimed 4.1 seconds and reach a max speed of 301kmph.
Starts Rs 3.85 Crore
Starts Rs 67.76 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.66 Crore
Starts Rs 98.23 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept