Bentley unveils the Bacalar, a limited-run two-seater luxury GT
Bentley pulled the wraps off their new luxury two-seater GT, the Bacalar. The car bears a hefty price tag of £1.5 million (Rs 14.13 crore). The Bacalar is a Barchetta, a type of open car with no roof whatsoever. The word Barchetta means "little boat" in Italian. There is not even a removable cloth top, so in case of rains, the Bacalar should stay back in the garage.
This car is named after Laguna Bacalar in Mexico's Yucatan peninsula which is known for its beauty, thereby continuing Bentley's strategy of naming cars after landmarks which started with Bentayga in 2015.
The Bacalar takes certain styling cues from the EXP 100 GT concept that was made for celebrating the British carmaker's centenary last year. Cues like the single headlights instead of the twin arrangement found on current Bentley models along with the blade design of the tail lights. The door handle has been carried over from the Continental because of the keyless entry system.
Not only are the exteriors designed to the detail, it is the inside where Mulliner, Bentley's bespoke customisation arm, makes the Bacalar look and feel special. The dashboard uses super-rare riverwood, which Bentley states it to be a sustainable wood from naturally fallen trees that have been preserved for 5,000 years in peat bogs, lakes and rivers found in the Fenlands of East Anglia, England.
The Bacalar uses the 6.0-litre W12 engine that produces 668PS, which is 42hp with the peak torque output being 900Nm. The car can achieve 0-60mph (0-96kmph) in 3.5 seconds and has a top speed of more than 322kmph.
Only 12 units of the Bacalar are going to be made and all the 12 have already been pre-sold!
- NewsNew-gen Genesis G80 sedan unveiled, to rival BMW 5 Series, Audi A6 and Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- NewsBYD unveils its fire and explosion resistant Blade battery
- NewsSpec Comparo: 2020 Hyundai Verna vs Honda City vs Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Validity of driving license and other documents extended until 30th June
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055