Best deals on car tyres right now
Amazon's Prime Day 36-hour sale is throwing up deals for car owners too, from accessories to tyres, and everything in between. It's a good idea to have the peace of mind a brand new set of tyres afford, especially in the rains. And, with the kind of discounts running on a new set of tyres, it's not a very high price to pay at all. Also, keep in mind that while buying from an online retailer nets you a lower price at the time of purchase than if you bought from a dealer, you will have to factor in installation costs.
Apollo Amazer 3G
Available in 12, 13 and 14-inch sizes, the Amazer 3G from Apollo is more affordable than ever now. It places priority on fuel efficiency and tyre life and is suitable for cars like the Hyundai Eon and Datsun Go.
Premium brand tyres usually demand a premium in price as well, but these Michelin XM2s are priced well in this size. They're said to be exceptionally long lasting and offer lower rolling resistance, as well as good wet performance. Also available in 12, 13, 15 and 16-inch tyre sizes.
The Bridgestone Ecopia P150 is another low-rolling resistance tyre which claims fuel efficiency improvements and superior wet weather handling. We had favourable first impressions of the tyre when we got a sampler of them at Bridgestone's test facility. Available in sizes ranging from 13, 14, 15 to 16-inch sizes.
Goodyear Assurance TripleMax
Recently seen in a new avatar, the original Assurance TripleMax is still a good deal when you consider the braking performance and wet weather capabilities and, above all, the unconditional warranty Goodyear offers on the tyre. Available in 14, 15, 16 and 17-inch sizes, it is offered as OE fitment on the Hyundai i20 Elite.
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019
- NewsUpcoming 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class interior revealed in new spy images