Biggest, costliest Mercedes yet on its way
A report from America says that the Pullman version of the latest Mercedes S-Class the car that replaces the Maybach limousine in Daimler's range will be the world's biggest series production car and one of the most expensive. The S-Class Pullman which will be launched next year is 6.4 m long, some 40 cm more than the long-wheelbase version of the Rolls-Royce Phantom and could cost at least Rs 6 crore with the armour plating that many owners governments and captains of industry will specify.
Daimler gave up on its Maybach ultra-luxury range in 2012 and decided that versions of the new S-Class would represent the company at the very top of the market. In its 10 years of existence, Maybach never achieved the reputation and sales of Rolls-Royce and Bentley, owned by its German competitors BMW and Volkswagen respectively.
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India