BMW 520i launched in India at Rs 54 lakh
BMW India has just launched the 520i, a petrol variant of the 5 Series, at Rs 54 lakh (ex-showroom). This move from BMW will help the brand's sales, which have been affected by the ban on the registration of over 2,000cc diesel vehicles in the Delhi-NCR and Kerala. The petrol BMW 5 Series gets a 2-litre turbo-charged 4-cylinder engine that produces 184PS of power at 5,000rpm and 270Nm of torque from 1,2504,500Nm, along with an 8-speed automatic gearbox. The BMW 520i will be sold as a CBU and will be available in the mid-spec Luxury Line trim. BMW also claims a 50:50 weight distribution, a top speed of 233kmph and a 0-100kmph time of 7.9 seconds.
It will be offered in three colours Alpine White, Black Sapphire and Imperial Blue Brilliant Effect. Features on the BMW 520i include an Eco Pro mode, brake-energy regeneration and a 10-inch colour display unit integrated with the iDrive system.
The petrol BMW 5 Series will face competition from the Mercedes-Benz E 200, the Audi A6 35 TFSI and the petrol Jaguar XF. The 5 Series is also available in two diesel variants the 520d and 530d which, unlike the petrol variant, are locally assembled in Chennai. The BMW 520d Luxury Line is also priced at Rs 54 lakh, ex-showroom, while the 530d M Sport costs Rs 62 lakh, ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 51.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 52 Lakhs
Starts Rs 46.45 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000