BMW 6 series Gran Coupe debuts
The Bavarian manufacturer's way of getting back at Mercedes, Audi and Volkswagen for their 4-door coupes is the 2013 BMW 6 series Gran Coupe. The Gran Coupe trim adds two extra doors, a proper rear seat and big 460-litre boot. The Gran Coupe is 4.4 inches longer than its two-door version, which translates to more space for the rear seat passengers.
Initially, powering the 6 series Gran Coupe 640i will be a 3.0-litre inline turbocharged 6-cylinder engine having a power output of 310PS and torque amounting to 447Nm. Later on, the 4.4-litre twin-turbocharged V8 650i version will break cover. It will produce 438PS of power and 650Nm of torque. BMW's 8-speed ZF auto transmission will be standard on both the 640i and 650i. The latter will be made available with a choice of all-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive. Both the versions will be as feature laden as the rest of the BMW ilk, if not a bit more fancy, with parking assist, BMW night vision, lane departure warning and BMW head-up display as part of the standard fare. The 6 series Gran Coupe will make its debut in January at the Detroit Auto Show or in March at the Geneva Motor Show.
Starts Rs 63.9 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 BMW X5 M Competition
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055