BMW 9 Series to debut at Beijing Auto Show 2014
The upcoming Beijing Auto show will witness the debut of the BMW 9 Series. This concept will be an uber luxury sedan that will go up against the likes of the soon to be launched Mercedes-Benz S600 Maybach, Rolls Royce Ghost and Bentley's Continental Flying Spur.
The 9 Series design has taken inspiration from the Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupe
The sedan's design has taken inspiration from the Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupe, which was unveiled at the 2013 Villa d'Este Concours d'Elegance. The 9 Series will be based on Bimmer's new G11 platform which is specially engineered for large cars with long wheelbases and will be seen in the new 7 Series as well, due for a 2016 launch. The German carmaker has resorted to the use of lightweight materials in a big way and combined to the light G11 platform will result in the 9 Series offering great performance with lower emissions and better mileage figures.
The luxo barge will become the flagship model for the German automaker and we expect the car to come fully loaded. In view of the competition, the interiors too will be top notch. Customization also plays an important part in these segment and the 9 Series will be offered with a host of options for its discerning customers.
Customization also plays an important part in these segment and the 9 Series will be offered with a host of options for its discerning customers
We will have to wait for the Beijing Auto Show to find out further details of the 9 Series. The powertrain details have not yet been disclosed and we don't know whether this will come to India or not after its speculated launch in 2016. What we do know that it is going to be a fantastic looker if the Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupe is anything to go by.
Starts Rs 1.7 Crore
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Omni to be phased out by mid-2019
- News2019 Mahindra XUV300 SUV to launch in India on February 14
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GSA ADV to be launched in India on January 18
- NewsMahindra Electric launches NEMO Life mobile app for EVs
- NewsBMW 7 Series facelift debuts in China, gets a 40 per cent larger grille!
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani