BMW 9 Series to debut at Beijing Auto Show 2014
The upcoming Beijing Auto show will witness the debut of the BMW 9 Series. This concept will be an uber luxury sedan that will go up against the likes of the soon to be launched Mercedes-Benz S600 Maybach, Rolls Royce Ghost and Bentley's Continental Flying Spur.
The 9 Series design has taken inspiration from the Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupe
The sedan's design has taken inspiration from the Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupe, which was unveiled at the 2013 Villa d'Este Concours d'Elegance. The 9 Series will be based on Bimmer's new G11 platform which is specially engineered for large cars with long wheelbases and will be seen in the new 7 Series as well, due for a 2016 launch. The German carmaker has resorted to the use of lightweight materials in a big way and combined to the light G11 platform will result in the 9 Series offering great performance with lower emissions and better mileage figures.
The luxo barge will become the flagship model for the German automaker and we expect the car to come fully loaded. In view of the competition, the interiors too will be top notch. Customization also plays an important part in these segment and the 9 Series will be offered with a host of options for its discerning customers.
Customization also plays an important part in these segment and the 9 Series will be offered with a host of options for its discerning customers
We will have to wait for the Beijing Auto Show to find out further details of the 9 Series. The powertrain details have not yet been disclosed and we don't know whether this will come to India or not after its speculated launch in 2016. What we do know that it is going to be a fantastic looker if the Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupe is anything to go by.
Starts Rs 1.7 Crore
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show