BMW Apollo Streamliner concept redefines form over function
Purpose built land speed record vehicles are not generally good-looking. But Turkish industrial designer, Mehmet Doruk Erdem thinks otherwise.
The BMW Apollo Streamliner concept, here, is an amplification of the term form over function. The front end seems like the byproduct of numerous wind tunnel hours, the rear is an ode to classic motorcycle design. The tan-brown seat, dual rear shocks and wire spoke wheels appear like a throwback to an era gone by. The design thus, stays connected to traditional BMW design cues.
The images suggest that the motorcycle is powered by a V-twin engine. Looking at the seat- handlebar-footpeg position, the motorcycle seems built for a sole purpose, decimate the timing chart at Saltlake speed record events.
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire