BMW G 310 R to launch in India in 2018
The BMW G 310 R is one of the most anticipated motorcycles in India as it will be the most accessible motorcycle from the German brand. Last year, we told you that the G 310 R is expected to arrive at Indian dealerships this year. However, we at OVERDRIVE have learnt that BMW's entry-level naked offering will be launched sometime in 2018. The exact launch dates are still under discussion at the company's headquarters in Munich.
There are reports about a reader asking the BMW Motorrad Facebook page on the exact launch date of the G 310 GS, an adventure tourer version-based on the G 310 R. In reply, the page has given an automated response stating, "As of now there are no plans to launch the said bike in India." It should be noted that this is a generic response for any question related to an automobile that is not on sale in the country. BMW had already confirmed to OVERDRIVE that the G 310 R was not slotted in the 2017 launch plan.
BMW G 310 R
BMW Motorrad presently has four dealerships which take care of the premium range that starts from the R 1200 R at Rs 14.90 lakh to K 1600 GTL at Rs 28.50 lakh, ex-showroom. The German motorcycle manufacturer has plans to increase the dealership count to seven by next year. While the present set-up has its focus on sales and service of premium bikes only, we believe the company will take time to develop a strong network to support entry-level offerings like the G 310 R and the G 310 GS.
The BMW G 310 R is powered by an all-new 313cc motor that makes 34PS at 9,500 rpm and generates 28Nm at 7,500rpm. The motor is paired to a 6-speed transmission. We believe the same motor will make its way into the Akula 310 as well but in a different state of tune to suit the character of the motorcycle.
TVS Akula 310
The BMW G 310 R is presently manufactured at the TVS' Hosur facility and is also exported to several European countries. Since both, the G 310 R and the Akula 310 will share multiple parts, we believe the Akula 310 too will be manufactured at the same facility. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE to get detailed updates on the BMW G 310 R.
Starts Rs 2,99,000
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775