BMW i8: image gallery
The new BMW i8 hybrid supercar is here! And apart from the eco-friendly platform and its fuel sipping ways (BMW claims a 48kmpl on the EU cycle), the car gets extra tree-hugger brownie points for the organic fibres used inside. A 231PS three cylinder 1.5-litre petrol motor powers the BMW i8 while the 131PS (96kW) making electric motor which draws power from a lithium-ion battery pack.
With its Rs 2.29 crore ex-showroom price, we're not expecting too many of these hybrid electric supercars from BMW on our streets. But when you do see it on the road, it's going to be hard to miss as our The image gallery below will perhaps make that a little clearer. Check it out.
More from OVERDRIVE on the BMW i8:
Starts Rs 2.62 Crore
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works