BMW India's 40,000th locally assembled car rolls out
BMW India which has been present in the country since 2006 has its own manufacturing facility in Chennai. This plant which was opened in 2007 now produces most of BMW's passenger cars and SUVs excluding the M range.
The Chennai plant has now rolled out its 40,000th car in the form of a white 5 Series. Around Rs 400 crores have been invested in this plant by the German manufacturer. On a double shift, the plant can manufacture up to 11,000 cars in a year.
BMW will be launching the new M3 sedan and M4 coupe in India as well as the Mini this Novembers. Along with this, the i8 super car and new M5 are also expected to be launched this year.
Starts Rs 1.3 Crore
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019