BMW India's 40,000th locally assembled car rolls out
BMW India which has been present in the country since 2006 has its own manufacturing facility in Chennai. This plant which was opened in 2007 now produces most of BMW's passenger cars and SUVs excluding the M range.
The Chennai plant has now rolled out its 40,000th car in the form of a white 5 Series. Around Rs 400 crores have been invested in this plant by the German manufacturer. On a double shift, the plant can manufacture up to 11,000 cars in a year.
BMW will be launching the new M3 sedan and M4 coupe in India as well as the Mini this Novembers. Along with this, the i8 super car and new M5 are also expected to be launched this year.
Starts Rs 1.3 Crore
- Review2019 Suzuki Gixxer SF first ride review
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2019: Intense fitness camp helps prepare drivers for Kari Motor Speedway season-opener
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV on-road prices in India revealed
- NewsShell Lubricants India inaugurates its first lubricant laboratory in Bengaluru
- NewsMaruti Suzuki opens over 200 service station across India in 2018-19