BMW iNext autonomous electric crossover teased, will be their new technology flagship
BMW AG has revealed a teaser image of the iNext, touted to be the company's new technology flagship. The BMW iNext is an all-electric crossover and is pegged to roll off the production line in 2021. The teaser image was unveiled by BMW AG chairman of the board of management, Harald Krüger at the company's Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday. The BMW iNext will be showcased as a Vision Vehicle - in concept form - later this year, the company has stated. It will be connected electric vehicle with autonomous driving technology.
Expect to see a BMW Vision iNext concept vehicle later this year
The pure-electric BMW iNext will be built at Plant Dingolfing, Germany from 2021. Krüger said, "The iNext project is our building kit for the future. It will benefit the entire company and all our brands. For the first time, we are combining all key technologies for future mobility in one vehicle. The iNext is fully-electric, fully-connected and also offers highly automated driving. Later this year, we will be presenting the BMW iNext as a Vision Vehicle."
The new range of all-electric vehicles from the BMW, including the i4 sedan, will sport a 700km range on a single charge. The iNext will be based on a new modular platform, allowing for flexibility to develop various vehicle segments and classes off it. BMW says the idea is to have a LEGO-like platform.
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead
- News2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore
- NewsNew Volvo S60 sedan will not have a diesel engine option
- NewsUpcoming Tata H5X SUV spotted testing again in new video
- NewsFormula E: Heidfeld scores points for Mahindra Racing at Berlin ePrix