BMW launches new 5 Series in India at Rs 46.9 lakh
BMW launched the 2014 model of the popular 5 Series in India on Thursday. It has been launched at a price range from Rs 46.9 lakh to Rs 57.9 lakh, ex-Delhi. The launch event took place in Gurgaon. There are four variants on offer: 520d Modern at Rs 46.9 lakh, 520d Luxury at Rs 46.9lakh, 525d Lux Plus at Rs 51.9 lakh and 530d M Sport Rs 57.9 lakh.
Philipp von Sahr, president, BMW Group India with the new 5-Series
The new 5 Series is the same as the one that was unveiled in Europe earlier this year. It comes with mild aesthetic updates both on the inside and outside and gets a new base variant for its diesel model.
2014 BMW in India
On the outside, refreshes include a redesigned front grille, new lamp assemblies, new front bumpers, xenon headlights (with optional LED adaptive headlights), few new touches to the rear bumper, exhausts and taillights, newly styled alloys and OVRMs. The interiors have newer options for upholstery, trims and electronics get the obvious age enhancements. Two new add-on packages are available, namely modern line package and luxury line package. This is in addition to the M line package.Top variants get V8 engines and BMW's ActiveHybrid 5 technology. Transmissions are the ZF 8-speed automatics.
The closest rivals to the 5 Series are Audi's A6 and Merc's E-Class. BMW also said that their investment in the Chennai plant will be increased to over INR 3.9 billion by end of 2013.
Starts Rs 57.8 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Nov 2019
Team OD | 13 Nov 2019
- NewsBloodhound LSR hits top speed of 1010 kmph in South Africa
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Image gallery - a closer look at the most affordable bobber in the country
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Bobber launched in India for Rs 1.94 lakh
- NewsJawa Perak Bobber India launch Live Updates: Price, Details, Specifications, Engine and Features
- NewsAll-electric Bajaj Chetak: Everything that you should know