BMW M2 Competition images leaked, to debut at Beijing Motor Show
The idea of putting a bigger engine in a smaller car is always fun. And that is what BMW will be doing with the M2. The BMW M2 Competition package will be making its official debut at the 2018 Beijing Motor Show. It is being said that the BMW M2 Competition, in addition to sporting an aggressively styled body kit, will also come with a 410PS motor.
The BMW M2 Competition package comes with a sporty body kit
The BMW M2 Competition comes with an all-black kidney grille, tweaked bumper design with vents in the lower lip, M4 Coupe like black mirrors and new 19-inch black wheels. The M2 Competition will come with M4-sourced seats with illuminated M2 logo. Additionally, it will come with a red start/stop button with M1 and M2 buttons on the steering wheel.
The BMW M2 Competition package comes with illuminated M2 logo
Under the hood of the BMW M2 Competition will be M4-sourced biturbo 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine that makes 410PS of power and generates a torque of 550Nm. These numbers are 45PS and 84Nm more than the regular-spec M2. Paired to this motor is a dual-clutch automatic gearbox. The claimed 0 to 100kmph timing for the BMW M2 Competition automatic will be 4.2seconds making it a tenth of a second quicker than the standard offering. Will the BMW M2 Competition be available in manual transmission as well, is something that needs to be seen. However, if BMW decides to make one, it has to be quicker to reach 100kmph.
Leaked images source: bmwblog
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship