BMW M5 Nighthawk special edition unveiled
BMW has unveiled the super-limited edition BMW M5 Nighthawk in Japan. The M5, which already holds repute as an iconic performance sedan, is getting a one-up in the "ultimate driving experience" department with the M5 Nighthawk, a special edition.
Clad in a frozen-black paintjob, the Nighthawk stands out because of its dark chrome kidney grille, adaptive LED headlights and matte black 20-inch alloy wheels. The door handles, four exhaust pipes, side vents also get dark chrome coats. The two-tone interior gets Merino leather upholstery, carbon fiber trim and individually-numbered badge.
BMW M5 Nighthawk limited edition is only for the Japanese market and only 10 are on offer
Power for the Nighthawk comes from a twin-turbo 4.4-liter V8 core that pumps out a massive 575PS and 680Nm of torque. It is mated to a 7-speed M-DCT transmission. 0-100 acceleration stands at a quick 4.2 seconds.
Specifically available for the Nighthawk is a competition package. A sports exhaust system, sports clutch assembly, steering and M Dynamic Mode, carbon-ceramic brakes, sport customizable suspension and a lane departure warning system make up the package.
Production will be limited to ten units only. Not surprisingly, the steep price tag that this vehicle carries starts at $181,800. Also, if the Nighthawk attracts demand far more than the production (only 10 units), BMW will run a lottery to see which customer gets to drive one away.
Starts Rs 1.55 Crore
- NewsDelhi government announces EV policy, up to Rs 1.5 lakh subisidy for electric passenger vehicles
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 34.98 lakh
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far
- NewsKia Sonet powertrain details, including segment-first six-speed diesel automatic
- News2020 Kia Sonet SUV: Top 10 feature highlights