BMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
BMW Motorrad has announced that it has cut the prices for its entire product range in India with immediate effect. BMW stated that the prices of its motorcycles across categories including adventure, sport, touring, heritage, and roadster will be reduced by 10 per cent. The announcement comes just days after the government cut customs duties on motorcycles imported into the country via the CBU route. BMW Motorrad also had a good outing at the recent Auto Expo 2018, launching two middleweight adventure tourers the BMW F 750 GS, and the BMW F 850 GS. BMW Motorrad also looks to capture an entirely new market with the launch of its BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS motorcycles later this year, built locally in conjunction with TVS Motor Company. At present, BMW sells 15 motorcycle models in the country.
Speaking about the price revision, BMW Group India president Vikram Pawah said that BMW Motorrad will offer bike enthusiasts an opportunity to experience unrivalled and exceptional motorcycling with this attractive price-value proposition. Engagement with the Indian market grows stronger through enhanced value offerings," he said.
BMW Motorrad began operations as part of the Indian subsidiary of BMW Group in 2017. Currently, it is in the process of setting up its team and dealership network in India. BMW Motorrad India has seven sales outlets in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai and Kochi.
Here are the motorcycles that BMW Motorrad dealerships currently sell in India:
Sport â" BMW S 1000 RR, BMW R 1200 RS
Adventure â" BMW R 1200 GS, BMW R 1200 GS Adventure, BMW F 750 GS, BMW F 850 GS, BMW S 1000 XR
Roadster â" BMW S 1000 R, BMW R 1200 R
Heritage â" BMW R nineT, BMW R nineT Scrambler, BMW R nineT Racer
Tour â" BMW R 1200 RT, BMW K 1600 GTL, BMW K 1600 B
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally