BMW R 1250 GS ADV motorcycle to launch in India this month, bookings open
BMW Motorrad India has started teasing the launch of their flagship adventure offering, the R 1250 GS. The German premium motorcycle manufacturer has not revealed a date yet but we have learnt that the R 1250 GS will reach dealerships in India this month. BMW Motorrad dealerships across the country have already started accepting booking for the 2019 BMW R 1250 GS wherein interested customers can book theirs for a token amount of up to Rs 5 lakh. Similar to the previous offering, the R 1250 GS will be brought to the country through the CBU route.
The displacement has gone up from the 1,170cc of the previous iteration, thanks to a 1.5mm larger bore, and 3mm more stroke. Along with the added capacity comes variable timing for the intake valves, which BMW is calling ShiftCam. This new addition means, smoother and lower idling speed as well as wider spread of torque across the rev range. All this takes the power output to 138PS, up 11PS from the current generation and torque is up 18Nm at 143Nm.
BMW Motorrad has also added more updates to the powertrain, with oil jet cooling for the piston undersides, new injectors, as well as a new unit construction gearbox design with an updated slipper clutch. The ADV offering also receive a new 6.5-inch full-colour TFT display and a new engine management system called BMS-O. Apart from this new engine, there are also a host of new rider aids. These include Hill Start and ASC stability control as standard. BMW Motorrad has also introduced a more comprehensive optional Riding Modes Pro system for added dynamic riding modes. The 2019 BMW R 1250 GS features more advanced semi-active electronic suspension with automatic load compensation. There will also be an optional Sports suspension package for the GS, with higher spring rates and longer struts for increased travel.
Starts Rs 16,85,000
Starts Rs 15,95,000
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block