BMW R 1250 R launched in India for Rs 15.95 lakh
BMW R 1250 R naked motorcycle has been launched in India for Rs 15.95 lakh ex-showroom. The R 1250 R will be brought to India via the more expensive CBU (completely built-up unit) route.
Staying true to its roadster design, the motorcycle gets minimum panels and the front fender, front spoiler, tank side trim and rear side panels receive the subtle body finish. Also, the pillion seats get the model embossing.
The BMW R 1250 R is powered by a 1254cc two-cylinder boxer engine that produces 137PS at 7,750rpm and 143Nm at 6,250rpm. The engine benefits from BMW's ShiftCam technology which debuted in the BMW R 1250 GS.
The dashboard gets a 6.5-inch TFT screen that displays crucial information and connectivity features which are standard on the motorcycle now. Rider's phone can be connected to the motorcycle via Bluetooth and the media functions can be operated without installing any application on the smartphone.
The motorcycle gets two riding modes and a safety net of ASC (Automatic Stability Control). The safety net also includes ABS (Antilock Braking System) and as well as a hill-start assist.
The BMW R 1250 R rivals the likes of the Kawasaki Z900RS which is also closely priced at Rs 15.30 lakh ex-showroom. Also the Honda CB1000R+ that is priced at Rs 14.90 lakh ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 15,95,000
Starts Rs 16,85,000
Starts Rs 16,45,000
Starts Rs 18,50,000
Starts Rs 7,99,000
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300