BMW rumoured to be working on X2
BMW it seems wants to cater to every niche segment in the market. It has been doing this for quite some time now with its X-range of cars which include models like X1, X3, X4, X5 and X6. The German giant is now planning to launch the X2 if a forum is to be believed.
The SUV market has become the most lucrative segment in the automotive industry and manufacturers are coming out with any and every type of design which might have some appeal with the customers and can add to their sales figures.
BMW X2 sketch
The X2 may come in the market by 2017 and is rumoured to be based on the UKL platform, the same base as the upcoming new X1 and Mini Countryman. It is likely to get xDrive sending power to all the four wheels. The X2 will most likely be a 5-door with a 3-door variant's possibility not ruled out.
Most, including us, are not able to understand the logic behind the introduction of the X2 as BMW has already revealed the 2-series Active Tourer at Geneva Motor Show this year. Bookings for the Active Tourer are already open with deliveries to begin in UK later this year.
Starts Rs 34.9 Lakhs
- NewsLive Updates: Bajaj Urbanite electric scooter India launch
- News2020 Tata Nexon SUV facelift seen in more spy pictures
- NewsHyundai Creta SUV E+ and EX variants get 1.6-litre diesel option
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class studded with 3.5 lakh CZ diamonds for Bharat Diamond Week
- Review2020 Triumph Street Triple RS first ride review