BMW to launch a range of sub-500cc bikes over next three years
BMW Motorrad is on a roll. The company which recently unveiled the R nine T to celebrate 90 years of motorcycling has also announced that it will be launching a range of sub-500cc bikes over the next three years. The German manufacturer which recently announced a partnership with TVS Motor Company will also be rolling out a 250cc motorcycle by 2016. These bikes will likely be built in India at TVS' Chennai facility and will be marketed in developing countries. The sub-250cc motorcycles may also be an adventure bike or a naked one. As of now, the smallest motorcycle in BMW's stables is the G650S, which again is an entry-level adventure bike.
BMW G650S is one of the smallest offerings from the German manufacturer
Earlier this year, when news broke about the BMW-TVS collaboration, a source had indicated to us that both the companies had already started work on a 250cc bike which may be launched as early as December this year or may be next year. It is very likely that BMW-TVS may launch this bike in India under their separate brands just like Bajaj-KTM does with the 200NS and 200 Duke models. More details about these new bikes is expected to be revealed later today by BMW Motorrad.
- NewsAll-electric Bajaj Chetak scooter to be showcased in Pune on November 14
- NewsTata Motors could tie-up with Geely and BMW for Jaguar Land Rover
- NewsFCA and PSA to retain all brands after merger
- NewsAudi Q8 flagship SUV to be launched in India on January 15, 2020
- NewsHyundai reveals the name of its all-new sedan - Aura