BMW to launch the 1 Series in India today
BMW will launch the 1 Series today in a short while. Expect the car to be priced between Rs 20-25 lakhs.
The car gets two engine options, a 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol and a 2.0-litre TwinPower turbocharged diesel. The petrol engine churns out 138PS and 220Nm of torque, while the oil burner delivers 145PS and 320Nm of torque. The engines are mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission sending power to the rear wheels. The ARAI fuel efficiency numbers for the petrol are 16.28kmpl while the diesel claims 20.58kmpl. It gets three driving modes, Comfort, Sport and Eco Pro, which adjust the engine mapping, transmission, steering and suspension according to the selection.
BMW 1 series will be available in both petrol and diesel variants
The base variant for petrol and diesel models is the 116i and 118d respectively. The diesel model gets the more premium variants, Sport Line and Sport Plus.
Fog lamps, automatic headlamps, start/stop tech, parking sensors, ABS, ESP, 6 airbags and 16" alloys make it to the base variants. The Sport Line gets additional dual-zone climate control, a sliding front armrest, electric seat adjust, a hands-free function with USB and BMW's iDrive controller. The top-of-the-line Sport Plus adds features like keyless go, rear AC vents, sunroof and 17" alloys. BMW isn't providing a spare wheel for the car considering that it comes with run flat tyres.
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.3 Lakhs
- Review2020 Bajaj Dominar 250 road test review
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Honda Civic Type-R Limited Edition sets Suzuka FWD lap record
- NewsMaserati Ghibli hybrid to be revealed on July 16
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block