BMW unveils the 4th-gen Z4 concept car at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
BMW has unveiled the all-new, fourth-generation Z4 concept car at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The event is a part of the ongoing Monterey Car Week held in Pebble Beach, California. The Z4 is based on the platform that BMW has co-developed with Toyota. The platform will also underpin the upcoming Toyota Supra.
The new design is a long departure from the somewhat uninspiring design of the outgoing Z4 which has been in production since 2009. The car boasts a more muscular silhouette with strong character lines running along the length into the haunch over the wheel arches. The front is aggressive with lowered but wider kidney grills and swept back headlamps. The rear hosts the L-shaped LED tail lights along with a boot lid spoiler, all sleek and streamlined still being in tune with the car's overall design philosophy.
The cabin has a blacked-out driver-centric cockpit in contrast to the orange colour, which happens to be the same shade as the exterior paint of the car. The digital displays are horizontal and parallel to each other. There is also a heads-up display. The cabin exudes minimalism whilst making use of bold and strong colour schemes.
We can expect the all-new BMW Z4 to come with engines ranging from 2.0-litre turbo-petrol inline-4 to 3.0-litre turbocharged inline-6. It might be safe to assume each motor to have different state of tune, accompanied by an M Performance version in the future. A 6-speed manual or an 8-speed automatic is likely to be offered to drive the rear wheels.
The new-gen BMW Z4 will start production next year and most likely to hit the showrooms in 2019. BMW says this is an all-out sportscar. With their vision to make a modern roadster, they believe stripping the car down to bare essentials allows the driver to attain utmost motoring pleasure.
Starts Rs 64.9 Lakhs
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055