BMW unveils the 4th-gen Z4 concept car at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
BMW has unveiled the all-new, fourth-generation Z4 concept car at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The event is a part of the ongoing Monterey Car Week held in Pebble Beach, California. The Z4 is based on the platform that BMW has co-developed with Toyota. The platform will also underpin the upcoming Toyota Supra.
The new design is a long departure from the somewhat uninspiring design of the outgoing Z4 which has been in production since 2009. The car boasts a more muscular silhouette with strong character lines running along the length into the haunch over the wheel arches. The front is aggressive with lowered but wider kidney grills and swept back headlamps. The rear hosts the L-shaped LED tail lights along with a boot lid spoiler, all sleek and streamlined still being in tune with the car's overall design philosophy.
The cabin has a blacked-out driver-centric cockpit in contrast to the orange colour, which happens to be the same shade as the exterior paint of the car. The digital displays are horizontal and parallel to each other. There is also a heads-up display. The cabin exudes minimalism whilst making use of bold and strong colour schemes.
We can expect the all-new BMW Z4 to come with engines ranging from 2.0-litre turbo-petrol inline-4 to 3.0-litre turbocharged inline-6. It might be safe to assume each motor to have different state of tune, accompanied by an M Performance version in the future. A 6-speed manual or an 8-speed automatic is likely to be offered to drive the rear wheels.
The new-gen BMW Z4 will start production next year and most likely to hit the showrooms in 2019. BMW says this is an all-out sportscar. With their vision to make a modern roadster, they believe stripping the car down to bare essentials allows the driver to attain utmost motoring pleasure.
Starts Rs 81.8 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa