BMW X5 Expedition launched in India at Rs 64.9 lakh
BMW India has launched an affordable variant of the X5 in India. Called the X5 Expedition, the five-seater variant is priced at Rs 64.9 lakh (ex-showroom, pan India), a good Rs 6 lakh cheaper than its seven-seater version.
The X5 loses its adaptive LED headlamps and instead gets bi-xenons. BMW has also given the LED fog lamp units a miss. Inside the cabin, the Harman system now has nine speakers as opposed to the 16 from before. There is a 16.5cm display on the dashboard which makes do without CD drive, hard drive, BMW apps and the satellite navigation system. Both the driver and front passenger miss out on the lumbar electric support and needless to say, there is no third row of seats. Instead of the fine-wood pure textured trim, customers will get an American oak trim.
On the mechanical front, BMW has replaced the eight-speed Steptronic sport auto transmission with the regular Steptronic unit. The launch control function is also missing as are the gear shift paddles. BMW though has retained the 258PS/560Nm 3.0-litre diesel engine which claims to manage 0-100kmph in 6.9s. The claimed fuel efficiency is the same as that of the seven-seater car- 15.5kmpl. The entire safety package from the seven seater Design Pure Experience also has been retained.
Read our review of the BMW X5 Design Pure Experience
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- News2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launched in India at Rs 5 lakh and Rs 5.40 lakh respectively
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launch in India
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani