BMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
BMW is going to launch performance editions of the X5 and X6 - the X5M and X6M in India sometime in July or August this year. The car manufacturer is also going to bring the top-spec Competition versions of the same. The M and M Competition models offer more luxury and electronics, and obviously along with more power than the standard SUVs on which they're based.
The X5M and X6M use twin-turbocharged 4.4-litre V8 and an xDrive all-wheel-drive system. The engines in the standard M variants churn out 608PS and 750Nm. That's an increase of 33.45PS over the outgoing M models. But the M Competition model churns out 20PS more power than the standard M.
Not only there is a difference in power figures but also there are mechanical changes such as reworked suspension, giving these models an adaptive M suspension setup and with Active Roll Stabilization as standard in both M and M Competition. The brakes are larger too with 395mm front discs with fixed six-piston callipers and 380mm rear discs with new 21-inch M Sport wheels for both X5M and X6M. Three different driving modes are offered: Comfort, Sport, and Sport Plus.
Externally, both the models sport the signature kidney grille with aerodynamic side mirrors and larger air intakes at the front and a new rear diffuser with quad-exhaust tips. In the interiors, it comes with M-coloured stitching, illuminated door sills and knee padding. The centre console is a 12.3 inches iDrive infotainment system with BMW's Live Cockpit Professional.
When launched, the X5M will compete with the Mercedes GLE AMG 63 and the X6M will rival the Mercedes GLE 63 Coupe.
Starts Rs 82.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 92.2 Lakhs
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055