BMW X7 SUV to debut in India tomorrow
BMW X7 SUV will be launched in India tomorrow and we expect the prices to be around Rs 1.25 Crore ex-showroom. The SUV will directly rival the second-generation Mercedes-Benz GLS - which has been updated internationally and is expected to come to the Indian market soon. A similar case is with the upcoming Audi Q7. OVERDRIVE recently reported that the BMW X7 had already reached the dealership ahead of its official debut.
The kidney grille up front offers an iconic MW fascia and the all-LED units are flanked on the sides of it. The bumper is aggressive and the side silhouette reveals the third row. The platform is shared by the younger sibling of the family - the X5, however, the X7 gets a stretched version of the same. The X7 is over five metres long and tips the scale at 2.3 tonnes.
The cabin has been equipped with two 12.3-inch screens - one displays the instrument cluster while the other is the infotainment screen which can be operated by gesture controls. The cabin gets two firewalls with sound-absorbing materials sandwiched in between.
Internationally, the diesel variant that has a 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder diesel engine that makes 265PS and 620Nm of torque could be on offer as well. Internationally, the X7 gets an eight-speed automatic transmission with BMW's all-wheel-drive system, expect the same in India. Also, a 3.0-litre petrol engine that makes around 350PS could be on offer as well.
Starts Rs 98.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 87.77 Lakhs
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders