Bonhams discovers unrestored Brough Superiors
Bonhams has just announced that it has discovered a cache of unrestored Brough Superiors that nearly everyone had assumed did not exist any more. The motorcycles that have been left buried in barns all over Bodmin Moor of Cornwall, were till now thought to be somewhat an urban myth with only rumours floating around about their existence, but nobody actually having seen them. The discovery is especially significant since this batch of motorcycles is believed to be the last of the unrestored Brough Superiors.
Anybody who knows their motorcycles will tell you that Brough Superiors are impossibly difficult to come by and are very valuable as collector's items. And the fact that the Broughs of Bodmin Moor includes eight pre-War motorcycles including a super rare 1938 BS4 a four-cylinder Brough of which only nine out of the ten built are still around adds value to the find.
The motorcycles that were found are:
1938 Brough Superior 750cc BS4 valued at £80,000-120,000 (Rs 57,71,325-Rs 86,56,988)
1938 Brough Superior 982cc SS100 Project valued at £60,000-80,000 (Rs 43,28,494-Rs 57,71,325)
1926 Brough Superior SS100 valued at £30,000-40,000 (Rs 21,64,247 - Rs 28,85,662)
1938 Brough Superior 982cc SS80 Project with Petrol Tube Sidecar valued at £22,000-32,000 (Rs 15,87,114-Rs 23,08,530)
1939 Brough Superior 982cc SS80 Project valued at £20,000-30,000 (Rs 14,42,831-Rs 21,64,247)
1938 Brough Superior 1,096cc 11-50HP Project valued at £16,000-22,000 (Rs 11,54,265 - Rs 15,87,114)
1937 Brough Superior 982cc SS80 Project valued at £6,000-8,000 (Rs 4,32,849 - Rs 5,77,132)
1936 Brough Superior 982cc SS80 Project valued at £6,000-8,000 (Rs 4,328,49-Rs 5,77,132)
The motorcycles will go under the hammer at the Spring Stafford sale on April 24, 2016.
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range