Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza bookings begin in India
Maruti Suzuki showcased the highly anticipated Vitara Brezza at the 2016 Auto Expo. Developed in-house by the engineers at Maruti Suzuki India, the Vitara Brezza is the company's first compact sub-4m SUV. According to a dealer, the official launch is expected to happen by the end of this month. Bookings for the compact SUV start with a token amount of Rs 21,000.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza will be launched with the same 1.3-litre diesel engine that comes in the Ertiga and the Ciaz. This DDiS motor makes 90PS/200Nm and will come mated to a five-speed manual transmission. A petrol motor is expected to be added to the lineup at a later stage.
Features such as dual-airbags, ABS and EBD will be offered as options in the base and mid-level variants and as standard in the top-end trim. The top-end variant will also get auto headlamps, rain sensing auto wipers and electric folding ORVMs. Keyless entry and push button start, reverse parking camera, Smartplay infotainment with Apple CarPlay, inbuilt navigation with Mapcare (which updates your map data with every service), a cooled upper glovebox, cruise control with a switch on the steering wheel, sliding front armrest with storage and a front seat belt height adjuster will be offered as standard on the premium variants. You can read more about the variant lineup here.
The Vitara Brezza will compete with the Mahindra TUV300 and the Ford EcoSport post its launch in India. We expect the prices of the Vitara Brezza to be between Rs 6.5 lakh and Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Maruti Vitara Brezza
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.76 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10