Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza bookings begin in India
Maruti Suzuki showcased the highly anticipated Vitara Brezza at the 2016 Auto Expo. Developed in-house by the engineers at Maruti Suzuki India, the Vitara Brezza is the company's first compact sub-4m SUV. According to a dealer, the official launch is expected to happen by the end of this month. Bookings for the compact SUV start with a token amount of Rs 21,000.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza will be launched with the same 1.3-litre diesel engine that comes in the Ertiga and the Ciaz. This DDiS motor makes 90PS/200Nm and will come mated to a five-speed manual transmission. A petrol motor is expected to be added to the lineup at a later stage.
Features such as dual-airbags, ABS and EBD will be offered as options in the base and mid-level variants and as standard in the top-end trim. The top-end variant will also get auto headlamps, rain sensing auto wipers and electric folding ORVMs. Keyless entry and push button start, reverse parking camera, Smartplay infotainment with Apple CarPlay, inbuilt navigation with Mapcare (which updates your map data with every service), a cooled upper glovebox, cruise control with a switch on the steering wheel, sliding front armrest with storage and a front seat belt height adjuster will be offered as standard on the premium variants. You can read more about the variant lineup here.
The Vitara Brezza will compete with the Mahindra TUV300 and the Ford EcoSport post its launch in India. We expect the prices of the Vitara Brezza to be between Rs 6.5 lakh and Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Maruti Vitara Brezza
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.4 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota announces customer connect program
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Ford to manufacture 50,000 ventilators in 100 days
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Could EICMA and INTERMOT be compromised by the global pandemic?
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Tesla Model 3 and Model S parts being used to make ventilators
- NewsMazda celebrates centenary with special editions across models inspired by the R360
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055