Bookings open for the BSVI compliant Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI
Skoda India has opened bookings for the BSVI compliant Skoda Rapid sedan. Customers can book the new Rapid for a Rs 50,000 refundable deposit across Skoda India dealerships and on the company website. Deliveries for the refreshed rapid will begin on April 14, 2020.
The old 100PS naturally aspirated 1.6-litre motor has been discontinued. This has been replaced with a new 1.0-litre 3-cylinder turbo petrol with 115PS and 200 Nm. This will be paired with a 6-speed manual and a new 6-speed torque converter automatic. The new engine is one of three BSVI petrol engines that Skoda India is introducing in the country. The others are a 2.0-litre petrol that debuted in the Tiguan Allspace recently with 190PS and 320 Nm. A 1.5-litre unit featuring cylinder deactivation will follow in the T-Roc set to launch on March 18, with 150PS and 250 Nm.
The BSVI Rapid comes with minor cosmetic upgrades, these include a new bootlid spoiler and rear diffuser, new LED DRLs, and an updated set of alloy wheels. The interiors carry on largely unchanged but there is a larger infotainment screen.
"The state of the art 1.0 TSI (Turbocharged Stratified Injection) petrol engine, to be introduced with the Skoda Rapid, is central to our BSVI powertrain and fuel strategy - offering an exceptional power output as well as excellent fuel economy. Skoda brand loyalists and auto enthusiasts, from across the nation, now have the opportunity to pre-book our latest offerings and secure a priority status," said Zac Hollis.
The Rapid's twin, the Volkswagen Vento, is expected to get the same engine upgrade soon. The Rapid and Vento compete with the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, the soon to be launched Hyundai Verna facelift and the new-gen Honda City making its way here soon.
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.91 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.07 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block