Bookings open for the new 2020 Honda WR-V SUV
Honda has revamped its line-up for BSVI and along with the necessary upgrades to the powertrain to match the new emission standards. The WR-V, its compact sub-four-metre SUV, will get cosmetic upgrades and the bookings for the same have been opened up by Honda. The launch is expected soon after the COVID scare is dealt with and we expect the pricing to be competitive.
Amongst the changes the most prominent is the new grille and headlamp set-up. It now gets a three-dimensional horizontally slatted grille with the signature thick chrome slat on the top. Flanking the chrome are the new LED headlamps. While the shape is more or less the same as before, the internals have been reworked to house the new lighting element with the DRL. The tail lamps also get the diffused C-shaped light guides. The WR-V also gets a one-touch electrically operated sunroof.
We are yet to get details of the tweaks in the cabin but we can expect the WR-V to get automatic climate control, electrically adjustable and folding mirrors, rear wash and wipe, parking sensors and push-button start along with the touchscreen infotainment display. Cruise control has been added to the features list.
Under the hood, expect both the 1.2-litre i-Vtec petrol engine and the 1.5-litre i-Dtec turbo-diesel engines to continue hauling the WR-V. While the 90PS, 110 Nm petrol will come with a 5-speed manual gearbox, the 100PS diesel will get a 6-speed gearbox. The Honda WR-V will compete with the likes of the Tata Nexon, the Mahindra XUV300, the Ford EcoSport, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Hyundai Venue.
Starts Rs 8.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block