Bosch opens its 14th plant in India
Bosch has expanded its already big presence in India with a brand new, state-of-the-art manufacturing unit at Bidadi, an industrial town situated on the Bengaluru-Mysore highway. This is Bosch's fifth manufacturing unit in Karnataka alone. An investment of over Rs 340 crore has gone into the plant.
The new plant has been designed in a phased process with the second phase scheduled to be completed by 2018. Bosch will use the complicated Industry 4.0 streamlining process to help boost productivity from the plant which will handle manufacturing of products related to Bosch's diesel systems division.
In 2014, Bosch announced its aims of doubling its business in the Asia Pacific region by 2020 and this plant is a part of that plan. "India is a key pillar of our growth strategy in Asia Pacific. A strong local presence is the basis for further growth in the region," said Peter Tyroller, the member of the board of management of the Bosch Group responsible for Asia Pacific.
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 Triumph Street Triple R to be launched in India on August 11
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser compact SUV teased ahead of festive season debut
- NewsJuly 2020 sales: Honda 2Wheeler sold 3.09 lakh two-wheelers in India
- NewsBMW 320d Sport relaunched in India, priced at Rs 42.10 lakh
- NewsSkoda Auto appoints Thomas Schafer as new chairman