Brabus makes a 600PS Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 S SUV
Brabus. tuners specializing in Mercedes-Benz cars which make even the company's own AMG cars seem meek, has got its hands on the Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 S SUV.
Brabus has worked on the SUV's 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 so that it now produces 600PS and 800 Nm. These are increases of 90PS and 97 Nm over the standard AMG car. Brabus has made these improvements by adding a new 'plug and play' module to the SUV's ECU. This changes the mapping for the injection and ignition and also ups boost pressure.
Add to this a new stainless steel exhaust with electronically controlled valves and the GLC 63 S now get from 0 to 100 kmph in 3.6s, a 0.2s drop from the standard car's 3.8s. Brabus has also done away with the speed limiter, so the GLC 63 S can now top out at 300 kmph.
Other options for the discerning Brabus customer are carbon-fibre componentry, lightweight alloy wheels ranging from 19 to 22 inches and a new air suspension that drops the ride height by 30mm. The company offers many interior customisation options which let buyers trim their cabin in leather and Alcantara.
This SUV is just the latest addition to a long list of outrageous Brabus cars. The company has become the go-to place for Mercedes customers who find the German carmakers standard cars a bit too plain-Jane and are looking for something that gives them some serious bragging rights.
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review