BREAKING: 2018 Ford Freestyle to be launched in India on April 18
Ford's upcoming offering the Freestyle will be reaching Indian dealerships shortly as the bookings for the same are expected to start from next week. Few of the company dealerships have started accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs 30,000. We at OVERDRIVE have learnt that the Ford Freestyle will be launched in India on April 18, 2018. However, we await an official confirmation on the same from Ford India.
In term of design, the front end of the Freestyle looks similar to the Figo. However, the new grille looks more distinctive, though the biggest visual differentiators up front are the C-shaped surrounds for the fog lamps. There's faux skid plates at both ends as well as black plastic cladding all round, including the wheel arches, to add to the SUV-like feel. The Freestyle also gets a set of roof rails and we're told these aren't merely ornamental, and can hold up to 50kg of weight.
The Ford Freestyle will be offered in eight variants and here is a detailed list of the features and options that will be offered in them. The Freestyle's interiors look identical to the updated EcoSport's. Effectively the Titanium variant gets the same 6.5-inch touchscreen, equipped with Ford's SYNC 3.0, which offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. The interface is slick and touch sensitivity is good though menu options can be slightly confusing. A slight disappointment was the design of the instrument cluster and air-conditioning controls. The design hasn't changed much since the Fiesta's days and looks dated. A white background and different font for the numbers on the meters would have surely brought some novelty.
Ford will be offering the Freestyle in both petrol and diesel engines, mated to a manual transmission. The diesel unit has been retained from the Figo hatchback whereas the petrol is Ford's new 1.2-litre, three-cylinder Dragon series. We have already driven the 2018 Ford Freestyle and here are our initial impressions.
Starts Rs 5.09 Lakhs
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know