Has the KTM RC 200 supersport been silently discontinued in India?
KTM RC 200, KTM's 200cc supersport motorcycle rivalling the Bajaj RS200 is not listed on KTM India's official website. This makes the KTM RC 390 the only fully-faired offering from the Austrian manufacturer. Could this mean that KTM has plans to pull the plug on the RC 200 and make way for the smallest RC in the family, the RC 125? The dealerships, however, continue to sell the motorcycle for the price of Rs 1.88 lakh ex-showroom Mumbai, but we believe, this could be until the stocks last.
A screen grab from KTM India's official website
The KTM RC 200 was updated with a single channel ABS (anti-lock braking system) in January which called for a premium of Rs 9,000 over the standard model. Powering the motorcycle is a 199cc liquid-cooled single cylinder engine that produces 25PS of power and 19.2Nm of torque. The power is delivered to the wheels via a six-speed gearbox. The RC 200 gets WP suspensions which are upside-down forks in the front and 10-step adjustable mono-shock absorber in the rear.
The bike rivals the Honda CBR 250R as well as its own in house sibling, the KTM 250 Duke.
Starts Rs 1,51,000
Starts Rs 1,80,638
Starts Rs 8,63,945
Starts Rs 2,44,735
- NewsMSRDC to set up 10,000 CCTV cameras on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway
- FeaturesTire review: Michelin Energy XM2+
- News2020 Hyundai Aura sub-four-metre sedan shown in sketches ahead of December 19 unveil
- News2020 Suzuki Hayabusa launched in India for Rs 13.74 lakh - still does not meet BSVI norms
- NewsNext-gen Skoda Rapid for India could debut by June 2021