Breaking: Jeep Renegade to be launched in India in 2018
We all know that Jeep India is all set to introduce its latest SUV, the Compass, in India this August. However, the latest update from the brand is that it will also launch the Jeep Renegade in India next year. The Renegade is Jeep's entry-level SUV in the US and is offered in 4X2 and 4X4 variants in four trims Sport, Latitude, Altitude and Trailhawk.
The first three variants get a 1.4-litre MultiAir turbocharged petrol engine which produces 160PS and 250Nm and a 6-speed manual transmission. The top-spec, Trail Rated variant (which means it is the most capable variant here off-road), gets a 2.4-litre naturally aspirated MultiAir petrol engine which produces 180PS and 237Nm and a 9-speed automatic. For your reference, the Jeep Renegade measures 4,232mm and 2,022mm in length and width, which is around 40mm shorter and 242mm wider than the Hyundai Creta.
Unfortunately, Jeep hasn't revealed anything about what the Renegade's price range will be or which engines it will get in India. What we can say, however, is that it will be slotted below the upcoming Jeep Compass. We also expect it to be locally manufactured at the Ranjangaon plant alongside the Jeep Compass, to ensure competitive pricing.
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India