Breaking: Jeep Renegade to be launched in India in 2018
We all know that Jeep India is all set to introduce its latest SUV, the Compass, in India this August. However, the latest update from the brand is that it will also launch the Jeep Renegade in India next year. The Renegade is Jeep's entry-level SUV in the US and is offered in 4X2 and 4X4 variants in four trims Sport, Latitude, Altitude and Trailhawk.
The first three variants get a 1.4-litre MultiAir turbocharged petrol engine which produces 160PS and 250Nm and a 6-speed manual transmission. The top-spec, Trail Rated variant (which means it is the most capable variant here off-road), gets a 2.4-litre naturally aspirated MultiAir petrol engine which produces 180PS and 237Nm and a 9-speed automatic. For your reference, the Jeep Renegade measures 4,232mm and 2,022mm in length and width, which is around 40mm shorter and 242mm wider than the Hyundai Creta.
Unfortunately, Jeep hasn't revealed anything about what the Renegade's price range will be or which engines it will get in India. What we can say, however, is that it will be slotted below the upcoming Jeep Compass. We also expect it to be locally manufactured at the Ranjangaon plant alongside the Jeep Compass, to ensure competitive pricing.
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh