Breaking: Jeep right hand drive vehicles to be made in India
Jeep will soon showcase its model line-up of Grand Cherokee, Wrangler and Cherokee SRT at the 2016 Auto Expo. FCA India has already previewed the range before prospective clients in Bangalore. We have now learnt that Jeep will make India a global hub for all its right-hand drive vehicles.
These vehicles will be manufactured at Fiat's Ranjangaon plant. FCA has not made any official announcement regarding its plans to sell Jeep vehicles in India but we believe that the brand will have its own showrooms, similar to the Mahindra Ssangyong dealerships. Initially, the Jeep models will be brought to India through the CBU route and then FCA will get into local production to price them competitively.
The Grand Cherokee is powered by a 5.7-litre motor that makes 360PS and 529Nm. It also comes in 3.6-litre and 3.0-litre engines. The Wrangler comes with a 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 engine that generates 285PS of power and 352Nm of torque. The major attraction in the Jeep line-up will be the Grand Cherokee SRT that comes with a 6.4-litre hemi V8 engine with 475 PS of power and a Brembo high-performance braking system. Clear details on prices and variant information of Jeep models will be available at the 2016 Auto Expo.
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018