Breaking: Jeep right hand drive vehicles to be made in India
Jeep will soon showcase its model line-up of Grand Cherokee, Wrangler and Cherokee SRT at the 2016 Auto Expo. FCA India has already previewed the range before prospective clients in Bangalore. We have now learnt that Jeep will make India a global hub for all its right-hand drive vehicles.
These vehicles will be manufactured at Fiat's Ranjangaon plant. FCA has not made any official announcement regarding its plans to sell Jeep vehicles in India but we believe that the brand will have its own showrooms, similar to the Mahindra Ssangyong dealerships. Initially, the Jeep models will be brought to India through the CBU route and then FCA will get into local production to price them competitively.
The Grand Cherokee is powered by a 5.7-litre motor that makes 360PS and 529Nm. It also comes in 3.6-litre and 3.0-litre engines. The Wrangler comes with a 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 engine that generates 285PS of power and 352Nm of torque. The major attraction in the Jeep line-up will be the Grand Cherokee SRT that comes with a 6.4-litre hemi V8 engine with 475 PS of power and a Brembo high-performance braking system. Clear details on prices and variant information of Jeep models will be available at the 2016 Auto Expo.
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907