BREAKING: New Ford Aspire sedan to get a significant update, India launch in June 2018
The internet is abuzz with an image of the Ford Aspire sedan from the company's production line, suggesting an end of its production. While the sedan shown in the image is indeed the last unit of the present-gen Aspire, it is clearly not the end of production. As learnt by us at OVERDRIVE, the new Ford Aspire sedan will soon enter into production as the launch has been scheduled sometime in June 2018. We expect bookings to start close to the launch date, while the deliveries may begin at the end of June or early July.
As seen from the spied images, the new Aspire will come with newly-designed front and rear bumpers with a slight tweak in the rear profile too. The side profile, on the test cars, looks unchanged. However, we believe the new sedan will get an updated alloy wheel design. The important change will be the updated trim design. The highlight of the cabin will be the new touchscreen infotainment system with Sync3 that was recently introduced in the new Ford EcoSport SUV. This system comes with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity options. We believe the space offered in the new Aspire's cabin will remain unchanged.
The last unit of the present-gen Ford Aspire being rolled out of the plant. Image
The other important change will be the new 1.5-litre 3-cylinder Ti-VCT Dragon petrol engine that makes 123PS/150Nm in the EcoSport and comes mated to either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission. Whether the state of tune of this motor is changed or retained is what needs to be seen. Additionally, the diesel unit doing duty in the existing model will be carried over to the new offering as well.
Design update, additional features and a new petrol engine will be offered in the new Ford Aspire sedan
We believe that with the new updates, the Ford Aspire will be better equipped to rival the likes of the upcoming new-gen Honda Amaze, Volkswagen Ameo, Maruti Suzuki Dzire and the Hyundai Xcent. A select few Ford dealerships in the country are offering attractive discounts on the existing units of the Aspire sedan. We expect the launch of the new Figo hatch to follow shortly after the sedan reaches the dealerships.
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.65 Lakhs
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350