BREAKING: New Ford Aspire sedan to get a significant update, India launch in June 2018
The internet is abuzz with an image of the Ford Aspire sedan from the company's production line, suggesting an end of its production. While the sedan shown in the image is indeed the last unit of the present-gen Aspire, it is clearly not the end of production. As learnt by us at OVERDRIVE, the new Ford Aspire sedan will soon enter into production as the launch has been scheduled sometime in June 2018. We expect bookings to start close to the launch date, while the deliveries may begin at the end of June or early July.
As seen from the spied images, the new Aspire will come with newly-designed front and rear bumpers with a slight tweak in the rear profile too. The side profile, on the test cars, looks unchanged. However, we believe the new sedan will get an updated alloy wheel design. The important change will be the updated trim design. The highlight of the cabin will be the new touchscreen infotainment system with Sync3 that was recently introduced in the new Ford EcoSport SUV. This system comes with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity options. We believe the space offered in the new Aspire's cabin will remain unchanged.
The last unit of the present-gen Ford Aspire being rolled out of the plant. Image
The other important change will be the new 1.5-litre 3-cylinder Ti-VCT Dragon petrol engine that makes 123PS/150Nm in the EcoSport and comes mated to either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission. Whether the state of tune of this motor is changed or retained is what needs to be seen. Additionally, the diesel unit doing duty in the existing model will be carried over to the new offering as well.
Design update, additional features and a new petrol engine will be offered in the new Ford Aspire sedan
We believe that with the new updates, the Ford Aspire will be better equipped to rival the likes of the upcoming new-gen Honda Amaze, Volkswagen Ameo, Maruti Suzuki Dzire and the Hyundai Xcent. A select few Ford dealerships in the country are offering attractive discounts on the existing units of the Aspire sedan. We expect the launch of the new Figo hatch to follow shortly after the sedan reaches the dealerships.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.62 Lakhs
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know