Brembo completes 10 years of operations in India
Brembo has completed 10 years of standalone operations in India, having started out in 2008 after completely buying out the shares of its KBX joint venture from Bosch. Brembo Brakes India's operations are concentrated entirely in the two-wheeler segment. In India, the company operates through its mass-market ByBre ("By-Brembo") brand and holds more than 50% of the market share in the two-wheel segment.
The company is anticipating further growth due to the Indian government's introduction of new legislation which, from next month, will make combined braking systems (with front disc and rear drum) mandatory for vehicles with engine displacement lower than 125cc, as well as ABS, which Brembo is also in the process of integrating into its braking systems on all two-wheelers with engine displacement over 125cc.
To further consolidate its position in India, Brembo is looking to invest EUR 9 million (Rs 72 crore) to set up a new plant in Chennai and for process expansion and innovation in its existing Chakan (Pune) and Manesar plants
Brembo Brakes India is a subsidiary of Brembo S.p.A., an Italian manufacturer of automotive brake systems, especially for high-performance cars and motorcycles, based in Bergamo, near Milan.
Image source: MotoUSA
- NewsAther Energy joins hands with Bounce for scooter sharing program
- NewsJK Tyre rolls out 20 million truck/bus radial tyres
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Mercedes-Benz roll out customer centric financial schemes
- News2020 Skoda Rapid TSI BSVI launched in India, priced from Rs 7.49 lakh
- News2020 Skoda Superb facelift launched in India at Rs 29.99 lakh
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!