Bridgestone launches Ecopia range of tyres in India
Bridgestone today opened sales for its Ecopia range of tyres in India. The range consists of the Ecopia EP150 and EP850 which can be used for cars and SUVs respectively. These tyres are available in 26 sizes starting from 13-inch to 18-inch rim diameters.
The Japanese company claims that these tyres provide lower rolling resistance and command lower emissions and therefore better fuel efficiency. These tyres are made of unique compounds and rubber produced in Indonesia. The Ecopia tyres, Bridgestone claims, can save about 80 litres of fuel every year and have best in class wet handling. The Ecopia tyres will be rolling out from Bridgestone's Pune and Indore plants, but they're not completely manufactured here. These tyres cannot be retreaded and will be available only for replacement markets. Currently they will cater to the domestic market while exports are being considered for a later date.
While the Ecopia tyres will be limited to cars for the time being, Bridgestone is looking to manufacture tyres for the two-and three-wheeler markets as well.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept